Marketing and Communications Melbourne School of Engineering
About University of Melbourne The University of Melbourne is consistently ranked among the leading universities in the world, at number 1 in Australia and number 32 in the world (Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2017-2018). We are globally engaged, comprehensive, research-intensive and committed to respond to the major social, economic and environmental challenges of our time.
About Melbourne School of Engineering (MSE) Working at MSE is exciting and fast moving. We are working hard towards transforming engineering and IT research and teaching which is guided by MSE 2025, our ten-year strategic plan. With an expected investment of $1 billion in people and infrastructure, we are creating the entrepreneurial leaders and technology of the future - the people and things that will drive innovation and productivity to make a sustainable impact on the world in which we live.
The Opportunity In this exceptional senior leadership opportunity, you will be responsible for leading the marketing and communications function, developing and achieving the overarching marketing and communications strategy and performance for MSE surrounding the brand value proposition, positioning and identity; customer insights and experience; and the amplification of our 'voice' to increase brand resonance and affinity.
The Role You will oversee the successful implementation of our marketing and communication strategy, as part of our MSE 2025 vision, including the execution of integrated marketing and communications initiatives to generate new leads, build brand awareness, and foster engagement with target audiences, including students and research partners.
You will lead a talented and bright team of eight marketers. This role will involve the application of solid marketing and communications expertise to increase return on investment and efficiency, and create a culture of data-driven decision making across the organisation. You will act as a champion of the MSE brand, ensuring consistent brand expression and messaging through multi-platform communications. Key to your success will be your ability to drive the creation, integration and amplification of content that supports our value proposition.
Your profile You have strong business strategy and operational expertise, you're a proven leader with exceptional people skills with the ability to communicate and work collaboratively and cross-functionally. You have a deep understanding of customer experience design with a successful track record in delivering marketing growth plans to achieve goals and champion change. You love building and maintaining relationships, creating innovative marketing and communications initiatives, and leading high priority projects to drive greater marketing rigor.
What you'll need
- Degree qualified preferably in marketing or other advanced qualifications and/or equivalent practical experience
- A strategic marketing manager, who has experience in delivering integrated marketing campaigns and a strong understanding of marketing and communications strategies
- Team leadership experience; ability to work across teams who drives a culture of high performance and collaboration, build relationships, and influence senior managers and ability to build marketing teams with appropriate skills and experience
- An excellent communicator, with the ability to influence and drive results
- Open-mind for ambiguity and ability to work in a fast-changing environment with a flexible approach
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, and impeccable business judgement
- Excellent organisational skills and demonstrated ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously to ensure the timely delivery of activities
- An individual who seeks opportunities to improve and develop processes and be a champion of change and transition
What we offer you Apart from competitive salaries, our benefits are aimed at recognising and rewarding the contributions you make. We offer complete flexibility, whatever that may mean for you. Many of our benefit programs and onsite amenities are aimed at supporting you - we offer generous leave, child care subsidies, discounted parking, medical and health care. We offer extensive opportunities for personal and professional development and we'll support you in doing what you love.
If you're curious, motivated and ready to undertake a challenging role like no other, we're ready to open our doors to you. How to Apply Apply online, complete the application and upload your Cover Letter and Resume.
You are not required to address the selection criteria for this position.
The Process If you are shortlisted for this role, you will be asked to complete and record a short video interview to set questions. This gives you a great opportunity to showcase your experience and aspirations.
While we take a look at your application, get to know us more by visiting http://www.eng.unimelb.edu.au/about/join-mse/why-join-mse
Close date: 18 Sep 2018