Australian Centre For Geomechanics
- Three year appointment
- Salary range: Level A $68,452 - $92,497
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
About the work area:
The ACG is undertaking several research projects in mining geomechanics aiming to improve safety and productivity in the mining sector. We require a research engineer with industry experience in mining geomechanics
The appointee will be leading and managing research projects in mining geomechanics and as such a high command of the English language is necessary. Also required is a sound theoretical understanding, as well as a solid practical understanding, of the mining industry and mining geomechanics. You will be required to advance the state-of-the-art through quality research and to translate this into useful and practical outcomes for applications in mines. In addition you will collaborate in the development of software applications and transfer research outcomes to sponsor sites, participating in training mining geomechanics practitioners in application of the research outcomes. Producing academic publications is also requirement of the role.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- The ability to conduct high quality project research
- Work collaboratively with researchers and students in the research team
- Promote research projects via publication of research papers and presentations at international conferences and workshops
- Participate in the research group's activities and contribute to and organize group projects, workshops and other processes
- Collaborate in translation of research outcome through the development of software applications.
- Publish research outcomes in journals and conferences.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description and applicants should clearly demonstrate they meet the selection criteria.
Closing date: Monday, 1 October 2018
This position is open to international applicants.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: Position Description Research Associate - Mining Geomechanics
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.