- Prestigious international university
- Wide range of employee benefits
- Sociology/Criminology, Level C or Level D
The University of Adelaide is one of Australia's leading Group of Eight, research-intensive universities and is consistently ranked among the top 1% of universities in the world. Established in 1874, it is Australia's third oldest university with a strong reputation for preparing educated leaders and delivering research outcomes that contribute to local, national and global wellbeing.
University of Adelaide employees enjoy a range of benefits and favourable work conditions that include opportunities for career development and advancement.
The Faculty of Arts is one of five faculties at The University of Adelaide. The Faculty is steeped in history with its roots beginning over 125 years ago. Its arts degree was the first degree offered at the University in 1876.
Today the Faculty is a place of innovative practice and thought leadership. With outstanding teachers who have won national learning and teaching awards, many graduates have gone on to become leading politicians, policy makers, historians, curators, musicians and writers. The Faculty offers an interesting workplace of diverse disciplines clustered around the arts, humanities and social sciences, and serves the needs of approximately 5000 enrolled students.
The School of Social Sciences is one of four schools in the Faculty of Arts and comprises five Departments: Anthropology and Development Studies; Asian Studies; Geography, Environment and Population; Politics and International Relations; and Sociology, Criminology and Gender Studies. The School is also affiliated with four Centres. With a strong research culture, the School offers an intellectually stimulating environment in which to work.
The successful candidate will have significant experience teaching in Sociology/Criminology, with demonstrated delivery of innovative teaching and learning methods and an appropriate track record of high-quality research-based output.
Salary: (Level C) $117,310-$134,966 per annum; (Level D) $140,845-$154,965 per annum.
Superannuation: An employer contribution of 17% may apply.
Term of position: This is a continuing position available from January 2019 at Level C or D commensurate to skill level and experience.
To be successful you should have:
- A PhD in Sociology/Criminology or related social science area
- Demonstrated significant teaching expertise in sociology with a focus on criminology
- Demonstrated success in teaching and coordinating criminology courses at an undergraduate level, supported through Student Evaluation of Learning and Teaching surveys or other evidence of teaching capacity
- Demonstrated ability to design and deliver new courses in criminology across a wide range of topics including deviance, critical criminology, criminological theory and cultural criminology
- Ability to administer, develop and promote new criminology programs in the social sciences
- Demonstrated track-record as a successful team player in areas of administration, research and teaching
- Demonstrated delivery of innovative teaching and learning methods (including blended learning), and incorporating the evaluation of learning outcomes
- A record of high-quality research outputs in FOR 16: Studies in Human Society (see ARC) including publications
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and work effectively with staff and students.
Please address and upload your responses to the selection criteria within the online application.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact Dr Pam Papadelos in the School of Social Sciences, email: email@example.com
To obtain a copy of the Selection Criteria, please visit the University of Adelaide Job opportunities page via this link: http://careers.adelaide.edu.au/cw/en/job/499167/senior-lecturerassociate-professor-in-sociologycriminology-school-of-social-sciences
Closing date: 9am, 4 October 2018
The University of Adelaide is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Women, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people who meet the requirements of this position are strongly encouraged to apply.