JOB ID: 180678
SALARY RANGE: Casual academic rates apply (plus 9.5% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Casual
LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Expressions of interest are sought from interested candidates to be considered for sessional teaching opportunities during 2018, in a number of the following undergraduate and postgraduate architecture, construction and construction management, property and real estate, and landscape architecture courses. This will include:
- Teaching in the area of architecture, construction and construction management and landscape architecture at the undergraduate and postgraduate level that is consistent with the University's principles of teaching, learning and the student experience.
- Developing learning environments that are flexible, student-centred and accessible, utilising appropriate technology.
- Undertaking appropriate administrative and other teaching related tasks.
- Masters degree in a relevant field or equivalent qualification and experience and/or a PhD qualification in relevant field and/or a minimum of five years relevant work experience.
- Ability to prepare and deliver classes (lectures) and/or ability to develop and administer assessment regimes and/or ability to develop activities and lead seminars (tutorials) and/or ability to provide meaningful feedback in marking.
- Ability to contribute effectively to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates, and inspires students to learn.
- Interpersonal skills that demonstrate the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the School, Faculty and with other members of the University.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION:
Scott Eldridge, (Architecture), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Linda Tivendale, (Construction and Construction Management), Email: email@example.com or Yolanda Esteban, (Landscape Architecture), Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 30 September 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here:
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit **deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.