- JOB ID: 180627
- SALARY RANGE: $67,675 to $75,904 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term to 31 December 2020
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will contribute to the delivery of high-level client services, providing Deakin students, staff and the community with high quality advisory services, ensuring maximum access for Library clients to information, services, facilities and collections in support of the Deakin University community, and in accordance with the Deakin University Strategic and Operational Plans. This will include:
- Providing advice and support to the Deakin University community regarding the Library online support services that reflects an advisory service ethos.
- Contributing to Library Liaison Service initiatives, programs and projects, including assisting in the development and delivery of outreach activities.
- As part of a cross-campus team, support strategic liaison with academic staff, researchers and students in designated Faculties and Schools to ensure Library responsiveness to client needs.
- As part of a cross-campus team, contribute to the design, delivery and evaluation of digital literacy programs and online support materials.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline, or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/ or experience.
- Enrolment in and partial completion of an undergraduate or postgraduate course that will provide eligibility for professional (associate) membership of the Australian Library and Information Association (ALIA).
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in library and information services.
- Well-developed investigation and problem solving skills in complex information and technical environments.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Fiona Russell, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 26 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.