- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- $92,248 - $109,258 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Engineering discipline at La Trobe continues to expand and revitalise its programs with an innovative curriculum that incorporates strong industry engagement. The department leads various industry sponsored multi-disciplinary research projects with national and international linkages.
About the position
This Teaching and Research academic position is expected to make a contribution to the discipline at the national level by developing curriculum, teaching and undertaking research or other scholarly work. You will provide a high quality learning experience that engages students and conduct innovative and high impact research.
Skills and Experience
- PhD or equivalent accreditation and standing recognised by the University/profession as appropriate for the relevant discipline areas.
- Research interest in the field of hydraulic and water resources engineering.
- Demonstrated ability to participate/lead industry/government engagement and/or relevant research.
- Strong record of research publication, with evidence of quality and impact, relative to opportunity.
- Experience in the preparation of research proposals submitted to external funding bodies.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching with the ability to mentor and supervise students.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Monday, 20 August 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Associate Professor Hossam Abuel-Naga, +61 3 9479 1181 or H.AboEl-Naga@latrobe.edu.au
Position Description below:
Please submit an online application ONLY, attaching a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria which is located in the position description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.