- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Melbourne (Bundoora) Campus
- $82,684 - $91,135 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The School of Allied Health sits within the College of Science, Health and Engineering and comprises of the Department of Community and Clinical Health and the Department of Rehabilitation, Nutrition and Sport.
About the position
The Senior Technical Coordinator reports to the School Executive Officer and works as part of a wider technical team which supports the teaching and research activities of the School of Allied Health. This position will have responsibility for leading part of this team to ensure that the teaching and research needs of Human Nutrition, Dietetics and Exercise Science are met. You will ensure the provision of an effective, customer-focused technical and laboratory support service is delivered as well as ensure the development and maintenance of equipment and facilities meets Universities requirements.
Skills and Experience
- An appropriate degree with at least 4 years' subsequent relevant experience in the management and coordination of activities within scientific laboratories, or an equivalent alternate combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Experience of working in laboratories in an educational environment or similar.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain standard operating procedures for equipment and operations.
- Ability to train staff and students in laboratory techniques and safety standards and the use of laboratory equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in the maintenance of teaching and/or research equipment/facilities, with respect to operations, maintenance and problem solving.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 29 July 2018 by 11.00pm AEST.
Position Enquiries: Lisa Meakin-Bowden, +61 3 9479 5718 or email@example.com
Position Description below:
Only candidates with the right to work in Australia may apply for this position.
Please submit an online application ONLY addressing the Key Selection Criteria in the application form. Attach your resume, cover letter and any other supporting documentation relevant for this position.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.