- JOB ID: 180522
- SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 3 years (renewable) with underlying continuing Professorship
- LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Head of School will provide outstanding academic and research leadership in the area of Nursing and Midwifery and promote the School within relevant academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally. This will include:
- Providing leadership to School of Nursing and Midwifery researchers, including through development of research partnerships within the University and with health services and other research institutes.
- Making an outstanding contribution to research and scholarly publication in the field of nursing and midwifery, particularly in high quality refereed journals.
- Overseeing the development and coordination of teaching programs in the School with particular attention to the University's commitment to flexible delivery, blended cloud and located teaching techniques, and lifelong learning.
- Leading and managing operational aspects of the School, including staffing, teaching and learning, research, resource management and general administration.
- PhD in a relevant field (or equivalent).
- Excellent leadership skills, including strategy development, creativity, and the ability to lead and manage all operational aspects of a School.
- Experience in university teaching and learning at undergraduate and postgraduate levels.
- Interpersonal, oral and written communication skills required to establish and maintain effective working relationships with students, the staff of the School and Faculty, and with other members of the University and the wider community.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Brendan Crotty, Executive Dean, Faculty of Health, Tel +61 3 5227 2948, email email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 12 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.