- Collaboration with Data61
- Melbourne Location, 5 year fixed term contract
- Level E ($178,698) plus fully funded Research Fellow
About Swinburne and Data61
Swinburne is a progressive university that aims to increase Australia’s capacity in science, technology and innovation as the drivers of modern, internationalised economies and workplaces. Our university is focused on high-impact global research, high-quality teaching and active engagement with both industry and the community.
Our world is changing, fast, and data is the basic currency of this new world. Data61 is Australia’s leading digital research network, we’re here to help you create your data-driven future.
About the job
In collaboration with Data61, we are looking for a Professor to develop and disseminate our research capability in cyber security. Based at both Swinburne campus and Data61’s Docklands office, you will be responsible for leading our research and academic capability in cybersecurity. Key to your success will be developing and leading the Cybersecurity Laboratory. Through your international track record of research excellence, you will develop and maintain industry and government partnerships to ensure that research is translated into innovative technologies and strategies. As part of your role, you will assist in shaping State and Federal policy to grow expertise in cybersecurity.
To be successful in the role, you will have:
- An earned doctoral qualification in computer science, electrical engineering, cyber security or a related field
- Demonstrated outstanding academic and research leadership in cyber security with capacity to develop international collaborations in cyber security area leading to growth in offshore PhD students and international research income
- Outstanding nationally and internationally recognised personal track record of research in cyber security as evidenced by substantial publications in high quality peer-reviewed journals or equivalently highly regarded peer-reviewed conference venues. A consistent history of initiating, obtaining and managing competitive research grants and involvement in research through collaborations with other universities, industry, the profession and/or government
- Demonstrated ability to undertake teaching associated administrative duties, management and curriculum development at both the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. In particular, demonstrated ability to teach in one or more of the key areas of computer science, electrical engineering or cyber security
A full list of the selection criteria is available within the position description.
As a Swinburne staff member you will have access to many benefits such as career development opportunities including 50% study reduction and staff and management development programs. You will receive up to 17% employer contributions (pension) and various voluntary salary packaging options. Other discounts include annual Myki cards and private health insurance. We also recognise the need to support the work/life balance and flexible needs of our staff. As such a range of flexible working arrangements including negotiable removal expenses for Academic staff, paid maternity/partner leave, working from home and part time options are available.
To find out more about the extensive benefits offered to Swinburne employees please visit: http://www.swinburne.edu.au/about/jobs/why-work-at-swinburne/
Further information, contacts and support
Please do not email or send paper applications, all applications must be submitted online.
For further information about the position, please contact Ania Gruba (Recruitment Consultant) via email@example.com
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with your application, please contact the Recruitment team on +61 3 9214 8600 (option 2).
Should you require further support for an interview due to special needs or consideration, please contact our Diversity Consultant, Dr. Walter Robles, on firstname.lastname@example.org, or our Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Employment Officer, Sherrin Trautmann on email@example.com
Applications close at 5pm on Monday the 16th of July 2018.
For further details on How to Apply, including Hints & Tips, please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions section.