- Play a key role influencing change in the cancer care system
- Lead strategic vision to progress Cancer Council and Victorian Cancer Plan priorities
- Full time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy, and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs).
The Cancer Strategy Unit is an instrumental part of the Strategy & Support Division, championing advocacy initiatives that mobilise and empower clinicians and consumers and underpin change that ultimately improves patient outcomes.
The Cancer Strategy Unit consists of several high-profile work areas, key to progressing the strategic priorities of Cancer Council, the Victorian Cancer Plan and those of several state and national committees and entities such as the Clinical Oncology Society of Australia.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a dynamic individual to lead the newly formed Cancer Strategy Unit. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Support, your role is to:
- Drive strategic vision and business planning to deliver on Cancer Council and government strategic priorities for enhanced cancer control.
- Partner with clinical and consumer peak bodies and networks to facilitate education, policy and advocacy efforts that improve cancer service delivery.
- Foster new ideas and harness opportunities to extend activities and influence, to ensure Victorians have the best possible experience of the cancer treatment and care system.
- Provide leadership to the Cancer Strategy Unit and deputising for the Head of Division.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Extensive experience in developing, delivering and evaluating policies, advocacy efforts and/or programs, preferably in a health or government setting.
- Sophisticated stakeholder management skills with the capacity to negotiate political landscapes and influence outcomes to drive system improvements.
- A highly innovative and focussed approach to strategy development, with a keen eye for identifying inequities and opportunities for empowerment
- Proven experience leading and developing teams including leading staff through growth and/or change
What we can offer you
This full-time permanent position provides a salary within range $122,000 - $133,600 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.