- Lead a team delivering evidence based, dynamic and compassionate support programs to people affected by cancer
- Build quality improvement systems and draw on data to inform supportive care program design and delivery
- Full time permanent position – St Kilda Road, Melbourne
About your environment
Cancer Council Victoria has been leading efforts against cancer since 1936 through world leading research, prevention, support and advocacy programs. The Strategy and Support Division comprises the units of Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS), Research and Programs Governance (RPG), Cancer Strategy, and Optimal Care Pathways (OCPs). The Cancer Information and Support Services (CISS) unit provides information and support services to help minimise the impact of cancer on the Victorian community. It works to empower patients by delivering dynamic, credible, personalised information and compassionate support.
About your opportunity
We are seeking a skilled leader for the Cancer Information and Support Service team. Reporting to the Head of Strategy and Support, your role is to:
- Lead the CISS team to deliver a portfolio of responsive, informational, emotional and practical support programs for people affected by cancer.
- Drive design, delivery and evaluation of gold standard programs that set the standards for other cancer organisations.
- Draw on data and program evaluation mechanisms to inform ongoing service imrovements that address inequities and unmet needs.
- Collaborate across the cancer network with clinicians, consumers and local, state and national cancer organisations including other state Cancer Councils, working to streamline innovative program delivery and drive innovation across the sector.
All about you
We are looking for someone with:
- Tertiary qualifications in a health-related field and substantial experience in strategic program and policy development, implementation and evaluation.
- Substantial experiential knowledge of the clinical health sector with advanced understanding of the patient experience and current cancer policies relating to supportive care
- Excellent relationship management skills, with the ability to work in partnership with internal and external parties to influence outcomes and achieve strategic objectives
- Proven experience leading successful teams to develop effective programs and services
- A highly innovative approach to service delivery, with a keen eye for identifying opportunities to improve services and reduce inequities
What we can offer you
This full-time permanent position provides a salary within range $102,776 - $121,455 pa plus superannuation, annual leave loading and the benefits of not-for-profit salary packaging and a meal entertainment card. We also offer a flexible and friendly work environment, social and wellbeing activities and a location close to public transport.