- JOB ID: 180451
- SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: The combined Deakin and Barwon Health appointment is full time and fixed term for 5 years. The EFT will be distributed evenly across both Organisations.
LOCATION: University Hospital Geelong
ABOUT THE ROLE
This newly-created appointment is the first joint Professor of Medicine and Director of Research Barwon Health.
The position is a joint appointment between Barwon Health and Deakin University and encompasses an academic leadership role as Professor of Medicine and a senior Executive and Clinical role with Barwon Health. The appointee will be responsible for developing the strategic research vision at Barwon Health and will play a leadership role in the delivery of Barwon Health's broader research strategy. The successful applicant will also help lead the delivery of teaching to medical students from Deakin University and vocational trainees in internal medicine. The successful applicant will be a senior physician and undertake a clinical role within Barwon Health.
Deakin University description
The Professor of Medicine at Barwon Health will provide clinical, teaching and research leadership at University Hospital Geelong and other Barwon Health campuses, and within the Deakin University School of Medicine. The appointee will maintain and strengthen the relationship between Barwon Health, the School of Medicine, the Faculty of Health and the University. He or she will champion the strategic directions and values of the School, Faculty, University and Barwon Health in Australia and internationally.
- The position will suit a medical practitioner with a record of research in an internal medicine discipline.
- PHD or equivalent research achievement as demonstrated by published work in a relevant discipline.
- Be registered or registrable as a specialist medical practitioner with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA).
- Registration as a specialist physician with the Medical Board of Australia.
- Fellowship of the Royal Australasian College of Physicians (RACP) or equivalent.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: For a confidential discussion contact either Professor Ruth Salom, Tel: +61 3 4215 1051, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or Professor Jon Watson, Dean of Medicine, Tel: +61 3 5227 1275, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 22 July 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
At Barwon Health we celebrate and harness diversity, and consider it a competitive advantage. We encourage applications from all diverse backgrounds and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders are encouraged to apply. Our organisation promotes the safety, wellbeing and inclusion of all our consumers including children and appropriate rigorous reference and background checks will be undertaken. Barwon Health is proud to be Totally Smoke Free.