- JOB ID: 180446
- SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (0.4 EFT) and fixed term for 3 years - Reappointment by negotiation
- LOCATION: University Hospital Geelong
ABOUT THE ROLE
Provide strategic leadership to the Alliance to achieve its vision and mission and deliver its strategic priorities. You will work closely with the Board, the Members Advisory Council and Alliance partners to promote regional research partnerships, enhance the quantity and quality of research, build research capacity in western Victoria, and promote implementation of research findings by regional healthcare providers. This will include:
- Providing strategic advice to the Board, Members Advisory Council and Alliance partners on enhancing research and research capacity in western Victoria.
- Developing and managing research partnerships in western Victoria and beyond.
- Identifying opportunities for external funding and coordinate applications to funding agencies.
- Leading the Western Alliance bid to achieve recognition as a Centre for Innovation in Regional Health.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline.
- Significant leadership, clinical and/or research experience in a university, research institute or health service, including participation in or leadership of research teams.
- Leadership or participation in collaborative clinical or health service research projects.
- Ability to lead strategic planning and policy development, including a capacity to develop, implement and evaluate strategies and initiatives that progress the achievement of organisational goals.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Brendan Crotty, Faculty of Health, Deakin University, Tel: +61 3 5227 2948 , Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Monday 2 July 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.