- Senior Leadership role
- 3 Year contract
- Salary package $170k
At UNSW, we pride ourselves on being a workplace where the best people come to do their best work.
Ranked 14th in the world, UNSW Law is Australia's leader in progressive and rigorous legal education and research. Inspired by principles of justice, UNSW Law through its teaching, research and community outreach, promotes a holistic understanding of law and its role in society. UNSW Law includes more than 90 academics, many of whom are leaders in their areas of research interest. The Faculty's research is organised around a range of centres and disciplinary clusters.
UNSW Continuing Legal Education (CLE) offers courses and electronic resources designed to assist legal professionals to keep up to date with the latest developments in the major practice areas, to refine legal and business skills, and to earn points towards their mandatory Continuing Professional Development (CPD). UNSW CLE also host legal training events for non-legal professionals.
The Director, Continuing Legal Education (CLE) has responsibility for leading and managing the Centre of Continuing Legal Education across UNSW Law in the delivery of professional development courses locally and internationally to meet strategic objectives and to diversify sources of funding which support teaching, learning and research activities.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Lead the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) portfolio in order to meet and exceed revenue targets including financial and budget management and in alignment with the 2025 Strategy.
- Setting the overall strategy for the Continuing Legal Education (CLE) portfolio and playing a lead role in contributing to the development of UNSW's strategy for executive education and continuing professional development both locally and internationally.
- Managing brand and reputation to ensure that UNSW Law Continuing Legal Education is seen as the leading competitor in NSW for legal professionals.
- Keep abreast of and analyse market trends and movements within the CPD industry market, and identify opportunities to develop innovative new programs and technologies to enhance the growth of business.
- Lead and develop a lean team of professional staff.
- Play a leading role in external engagement and business development for CLE, UNSW Law and UNSW and develop a strong external profile as a thought leader in leadership and management development.
Drawing on your extensive business growth experience in knowledge intensive industries such as education or legal consulting, you will thrive in this highly visible role within UNSW Law and across the broader University.
This excellent opportunity will see you lead the next stage of development of Australia's respected brand in leadership and management development. You'll inherit a high performing organisation of seasoned industry professionals along with the support of an exceptionally strong management team.
Applicants should systematically address the selection criteria found within the position description in their on-line application. If an application does not systematically address the selection criteria it may not be considered.
Fei Wong, Faculty Executive Director
T: (61 2) 9385 3283
Applications close: 23:55 Sunday 1st July 2018
Find out more about working at UNSW at www.law.unsw.edu.au
UNSW is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity