- JOB ID: 180360
- SALARY RANGE: An attractive remuneration package to be negotiated (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
- LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
You will provide outstanding research and academic leadership in the area of distributed systems and security and be future looking in developing research, including privacy and trust issues that go along with distributed systems and social networks, and promote the School within relevant corporate, government, industry, academic and professional communities in Australia and internationally. This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership beyond your specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including recognition as a public intellectual.
- Leading major research projects as a chief investigator, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) at the national and international levels.
- Providing innovative leadership towards the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in a relevant field.
- Demonstrable academic leadership and professional expertise in the field.
- Evidence of recognition as a leader in Distributed Systems and Security.
- Internationally recognised research and scholarly publication in relevant highly ranked specialist journals, relative to opportunity.
- Interpersonal skills that support the ability to establish and maintain highly effective working relationships with a diverse range of people.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Richard Shields, Director, Charterhouse Partnerships, Tel: +61 3 8610 6135, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Thursday 14 June 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.