- JOB ID: 180382
- SALARY RANGE: $95,488 to $133,881 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 3 years
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
- FURTHER INFORMATION: This position will be appointed at level B or C depending on experience
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation is seeking to recruit an academic to join a team of established colleagues working in the social sciences and humanities and associated disciplines. You will contribute outstanding quantitative methodological expertise to exisitng and emerging research projects and programs. This will include:
- Providing an excellent contribution to the Faculty's research programs.
- Contributing methodological expertise to established and developing research projects and programs.
- Publishing high quality research in journals of high repute.
- Contributing to the achievement of Deakin's strategic goals in research, engagement and innovation.
- PhD in the social sciences or cognate discipline including statistics, econometrics or a cognate discipline that used advanced statistical methods.
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications including quantitative articles in high-ranking peer reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated high-level quantitative research skills including experience conducting meta-analysis, systematic reviews, working with longitudinal datasets and social network analysis.
- Success in obtaining external research funding.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Cayla Edwards Tel: +61 3 9244 6658, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 29 August 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.