- JOB ID: 180277
- SALARY RANGE: $85,953 to $94,644 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term for 3 years
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Support the research objectives of the staff and students from the Institute for Frontier Materials (IFM) and also those of external customers in the area of advanced composite materials. This will include:
- Working with staff and students in conducting research in the Carbon Fibre and Composite group under the guidance of the Project Leader to ensure that research programs operate efficiently and effectively.
- Providing high level chemical and technical support and advice to academic staff and postgraduate students and external personnel undertaking research and project work.
- Responsibility for delivery of IFM OH&S Level 2 Laboratory Induction programs including the Cloud Deakin training program.
- Designing, developing, repairing and commissioning experimental and sample preparation equipment.
- Graduate qualification in chemistry, physical science or technology or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Knowledge of composites/materials science and standard laboratory practices.
- Demonstrated experience in the training of staff in a laboratory environment.
- Demonstrated communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to produce clear and accurate communications including documentation that are appropriate for their intended audience.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Andrew Sullivan, Tel: +61 3 5227 3468, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 29 April 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.