Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Chancellery Administration and Finance
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
The Executive Assistant provides outstanding and comprehensive executive support to the Executive Director, Human Resources & OHS and Director Digital and Data to ensure a smooth workflow of the office enabling effective delivery across a wide range of commitments.
This role is of significant importance to the Chancellery portfolio and the incumbent is required to display a high level of discretion, independent judgement and professionalism whilst regularly interacting with senior internal and external stakeholders.
Daily responsibilities will include, but not be limited to: coordination of meetings, preparation of meeting papers and communications, travel booking, credit card reconciliation and coordinating department wide events along with diary management and resolving issues as they arise. This includes managing email correspondence on behalf of the Executive Director HR and OHS and being able to anticipate upcoming needs and priorities.
You will be able to juggle multiple stakeholders and conflicting priorities with ease and proactively identify and follow-up meeting actions and other priorities as required.
This full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- Degree qualified and/or substantial experience providing support at executive level.
- Exceptional organisational and time management skills, including the ability to effectively and efficiently coordinate and prioritise tasks to meet competing deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with highly sensitive and confidential issues with discretion and professionalism.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimum supervision, show initiative and work productively as part of a team, taking responsibility for outcomes.
- Capacity to exercise judgement and use initiative to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to present information clearly and concisely, both written and verbal, with a high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and maintain positive working relationships with a range of stakeholders.
- Ability to juggle competing priorities and stakeholders, all with a sense of urgency.
- Outstanding Microsoft Office skills.
How to apply
Please do not apply via the University website. We have engaged Qudos Recruitment to assist in this recruitment. To apply, please email your CV to Julie Enticott - email@example.com, Tel +61 9821 4144. For more information, please contact Julie Enticott.
Close date: 27 Mar 2018 Position Description and Selection Criteria
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.