Join Australia's number 1 University †
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
To hear about working in Advancement at the University of Melbourne, click here.
About the role
The Alumni Volunteer Coordinator (Mentoring) will work as part of a team, and be jointly responsible for the implementation of the University's alumni relations strategy and implementation of alumni relations activities within the Advancement portfolio.
Reporting to the Alumni Relations Manager (Student Experience and Benefits), as Alumni Volunteer Coordinator (Mentoring), you will develop and deliver programs and activities that foster and strengthen relationships between students, alumni and the University. You will work with faculties and central administration units to identify and support opportunities for alumni volunteers to positively enhance student enrichment and employability outcomes. This includes the development of scalable University-wide mentoring initiatives that facilitate connections between students and alumni. In addition, you will provide advice and guidance on alumni related operational matters, including volunteer management.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- A relevant tertiary qualification with subsequent relevant experience in the field of career development or alumni relations or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Demonstrated experience in working with volunteers and an understanding of volunteer management principles.
- An understanding of the principles of and current best practice in alumni relations and its relationship to fundraising, preferably in an education environment.
- Demonstrated experience in building relationships to achieve goals and objectives in a large organisation.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop and deliver innovative projects and programs within time and budget.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as work independently, demonstrating creativity, initiative and self-motivation.
- Evidence of superior written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 4 Mar 2018
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers/selection-criteria