JOB ID: 180111 SALARY RANGE: $78,117 to $84,361 pa effective 1 March 2018 (plus 17% super) EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Coordinate the acquisition (ordering, renewing and license review) of monograph resources in both print and electronic format to help ensure library collections reflect the teaching, learning and research needs of the Deakin University community, and to actively contribute to the development and management of the library's collection. This will include:
- Coordinating all acquisition processes for monographs including ordering, receiving, invoice payments, and record loading, and provide expert assistance and advice on monograph acquisition.
- Contributing to the timely and effective collection development of electronic resources, print and electronic books, e-textbooks and video resources.
- Contributing to the timely and effective ordering, renewal, contract review and payments for licensed electronic resources and resolve problems arising.
- Undertaking collection projects and improvement initiatives by preparing action plans, creating and analysing lists and statistics, coordinating project activities, supervising staff and reporting on project outcomes.
- Degree and/or post-graduate qualification in Library or information science or equivalent which qualifies for Associate (Professional) membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Sound knowledge and understanding of acquisition and procurement processes for print and electronic information resources.
- Ability to lead and implement acquisition initiatives and workflows utilising innovative new technologies and data transfer.
- Ability to prepare and monitor reports and spreadsheets on electronic and monograph collections, and budget expenditure.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Bronwyn Hicks, Tel: +61 3 5247 9328 CLOSING DATE: Sunday 11 March 2018 We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.