JOB ID: 180123 SALARY RANGE: $117,539 pa (plus 17% super) EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
In this role you will lead the implementation, monitoring and further development of the University's student conduct legislation, policy and processes, except those related to academic integrity. This will include:
- Developing, implementing and maintaining a student general conduct framework and underpinning processes, in accordance with University legislation and policy.
- Undertaking investigations into allegations of student general misconduct, collecting and assessing evidence and preparing investigation reports.
- Ensuring appropriate hearings of allegations of general misconduct and associated record keeping.
- Monitoring, analysing, tracking and reviewing student general misconduct matters on a regular basis to identify trends and underlying systemic issues.
- Postgraduate qualifications and extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and education/training.
- Significant experience in the management of complex student-related processes (including allegations of misconduct or similar), complex investigations and hearings involving multiple stakeholders.
- Experience in the review and analysis of organisational operations and processes to inform senior decision making.
- High level knowledge and understanding of the higher education sector, with a particular emphasis on the legislation and legal framework that applies to student matters.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Bernie Marshall, Dean of Students, Tel: +61 3 9244 6822, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 February 2018 We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.