- Convenient Melbourne CBD location
- Full time, continuing position
- $136,906-$150,827 + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. The College of Business comprises six schools delivering a broad range of programs in Business, ranging from Certificates up to PHD levels. Many programs articulate between Vocational Education and Higher Education, creating pathways for further study. RMIT Business programs are delivered in Melbourne, Vietnam, Singapore, Shanghai and Jakarta, as well as through Open Universities Australia (OUA). The Graduate School of Business & Law (GSBL) commenced operations in January 2010. In July 2010 the GSBL moved to the new Emily McPherson premises, opening an exciting new phase in RMIT's development of professional programs for the experienced, post-graduate business market. RMIT has one of the longest standing MBA programs in Australia, commencing the program in the mid-1970s.
The role & responsibilities
The Associate Professor is a senior academic in Leadership, Innovation & Management, contributing significantly to teaching and research outputs in disciplines relating to their field of expertise, building capability of staff and promoting strong academic performance and industry engagement. This role will provide research and innovation leadership developing and leading project teams and programs and fostering a vibrant applied research culture in leadership, management and innovation. You will be required to develop a high-quality and productivity-driven network across RMIT and with external national and global partners. You will teach in our MBA programs and make a significant contribution to teaching and learning in the discipline with the aim of providing a true life changing experience for our students. You will make a significant contribution to the planning and strategic direction of the School, taking on major academic leadership roles involving participation in various committees within the School, College and University and external to the University at national and international levels, as appropriate.
Skills & Experience required
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality student experiences, satisfaction and outcomes in the areas of Leadership, Innovation and Management.
- Demonstrate distinction at the national level and an internationally recognised research track record.
- Proven ability to sustain and grow Research Groups and Centres through the attraction of external funding.
- Extensive experience in attracting and supervising higher degree by research candidates to maximise research performance.
- Demonstrated ability to lead improvement of academic standards, including implementing best practice teaching strategies and dissemination of innovative practices.
- Evidence of demonstrated strategic leadership in a large organisational unit or University-wide initiative and effective membership of a management team that developed and achieved shared goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in financial, governance and quality management systems within a University.
- Demonstrated high level of interpersonal, communication and negotiating skills including the ability to consult with senior executives, external bodies, produce executive reports, negotiate agreed directions, outcomes and targets within a collaborative environment.
- Demonstrated ability and willingness to teach in global locations and multi-cultural environments.
- Mandatory: PhD in relevant field
To apply Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. To view the position description click here: http://yourcareer.rmit.edu.au/caw/en/job/560203/associate-professor-leadership-innovation-management or for further information please contact Kathy Douglas, Acting Head of School, GSBL on: +61 3 9925 2037 Applications close on Sunday 4th March 2018. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.