- Convenient CBD location
- Full time, fixed term contract for 12 months
- $109,456-$117,277p.a + 17% super
RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise in which teaching, research and engagement are central to achieving positive impact and creating life-changing experiences for our students. RMIT uses its global presence, urban environment and community and industry connections to capture opportunities and ensure our research makes a difference. Our focus on application and transformation is having a positive impact on communities and the environment. Our aspiration is to make a significant contribution to knowledge in our areas of specialisation and identify and develop innovative approaches to build economic prosperity and to address problems affecting society. The Research & Innovation Portfolio oversees research and research training across the University through the development and implementation of RMIT University's strategic research priorities and managing research systems and reporting requirements. The Portfolio supports the research activity of staff and student researchers with professional development, collaboration and funding opportunities, ethics and responsible conduct compliance, contract development, intellectual property, project completions and profiling.
The role and your responsibilities
The Research Initiatives Team leads the identification of opportunities for collaborative cross- disciplinary and multi-disciplinary research with Australian and international universities, industry, government and community partners. This role will work with the Research Initiatives team and in partnership with Industry Business Development Teams and RMIT Researchers to increase RMIT's participation in multi-disciplinary and multi-institutional collaborative research projects and support existing initiatives including the preparation of industry-focused submissions for Commonwealth funded research schemes including:
Skills and experience required:
- Substantial skills and experience in industry research engagement including experience in development of applications for industry-led funding schemes
- Ability to deal with complex stakeholders and multiple partners.
- Understanding of routes to impact for academic research
- Proven ability to initiate and facilitate strategic partnerships and significant experience in building relationships across commercial and not for profit sectors. Skills in business development and/or building high performing R&D teams
- Proven ability to implement process improvement initiatives in response to external issues whilst operating within the broad policy requirements of a university or similar organisation.
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal and communication skills with a proven ability to successfully negotiate with external parties to facilitate timely conclusions and influence others to achieve successful outcomes.
- Excellent business writing skills and demonstrated experience facilitating comprehensive recommendations, project and implementation plans, briefing papers and reports.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain strong professional relationships and effective networks with internal and external stakeholders.
To Apply For further information please contact Dr Liz Jazwinska, Director, Research Engagement & Bus. Dev., on +61 3 9925 4403 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 560125. Applications close on 16th of February, 2018. Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.