- Location: Parramatta
- Salary: $80,000 - $85,000 per year
- Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Alphacrucis College is a leading Australasian Christian college with a reputation for excellence in training, teaching and research. We provide our students a Christ-centred education that is relevant for today's generation. Our mission is to equip Christian leaders to change the world.
AC provides courses in ministry & theology, leadership, business, chaplaincy, counselling, teaching and music. Our vision is to be a global Christian university, transforming neighbourhoods and nations.
About this Opportunity
As a collaborative member of the Digital and Online Learning team, the Instructional Designer will function as an educational resource consultant to faculty on pedagogical issues associated with hybrid/flipped, blended, and online. Working closely with faculty, the Instructional Designer will help evaluate course objectives and learning outcomes, develop course content, and assess learning materials to ensure quality, educational effectiveness and uniformity across all campuses of the College.
In this capacity, designing and building online, blended, or hybrid/flipped classes for faculty will increase the scope and quality of Alphacrucis’ online offerings, and help advance the college’s mission.
- Provide support to teachers to ensure that all online, blended, and hybrid/flipped classes meet Online Learning Consortium (OLC) and Alphacrucis’ standards and guidelines
- Design and build compelling, innovative, and transformative online learning experiences for undergraduate and graduate students, in consultation with faculty. Creating applicable solutions that deliver holistic student learning using community and collaboration between students and faculty is vital
- Review assessment strategies to ensure that each class achieves defined, measureable objectives, and meets accreditation and accessibility standards
- Team-teach faculty professional development workshops and training regarding online teaching
- Educate faculty, helping them to understand current trends and innovations in digital learning instruction, teaching practices, educational research, and utilization of digital education tools
To be successful you will have:
- An accredited Tertiary degree in education, instructional design, or e-Learning (Masters preferred), or a minimum of 4 years of equivalent experience in a field relevant to online classes, education, or curriculum design
- Experience and expertise in online instruction and academic writing
- Experience and/or familiarity with multiple pedagogical theories and approaches to student-focused online education
- Experience and knowledge of various educational technologies
- Required Knowledge and Proficiencies:
- Ability to work with a diverse team and contribute to a collaborative work environment
- Attention to detail, quality, consistency, and creativity while working on multiple tasks, are essential skills and abilities required
- Strong organisational, self-management, problem-solving, innovation, and creative skills
- Outstanding interpersonal communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly learn and apply new educational technology
- Advanced knowledge of Moodle and/or Canvas Learning Management Systems
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 (wcag 2.0 standards) used in web page design, and online and hybrid/flipped education
- Dreamweaver and Photoshop