JOB ID: 180083 SALARY RANGE: $93,615 to $110,725 pa (plus 17% super) EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and fixed term for 3 years LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
FURTHER INFORMATION: Applicants MUST upload a research proposal as outlined in the key selection criteria in addition to a cover letter, key selection criteria and resume
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation is seeking to recruit an outstanding academic to join a team of established colleagues working in the area of community approaches to addressing violent extremism and radicalisation to terrorism. This position will work closely with Professor Michele Grossman. This will include:
- Supporting the development and submission of applications for national and international competitive research grants and tenders.
- Supporting the development and submission of high quality scholarly and translational publications, both independently and in collaboration with other AVERT team members.
- Contributing practically and intellectually to the developing research culture, profile and activities of the AVERT Research Network through coordinating AVERT-based research seminars, symposia, communications, databases and other activities.
- Providing project management support for AVERT-linked research projects led by the Research Chair in Diversity and Community Resilience.
- PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Emerging reputation in research and scholarship through publications.
- Demonstrated success in obtaining external research funding.
- Demonstrated ability to make a contribution to communities through research.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Cayla Edwards, Tel: +61 3 9244 6658, Email: email@example.com CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 February 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.