- Tenurable teaching and research appointments
- Full time or part-time work in a job share capacity is available
- Salary range: Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a. or Level D $141,910 - $156,343 p.a. plus employer contribution to superannuation of 17%
- Recreation leave 20 working days per annum
- Long service leave (3 months leave per 10 years of service) & eligibility for sabbatical leave
- Relocation expenses contribution
The School of Psychological Science is 41st in the QS World University Rankings by subject and the discipline was judged as "well above world standard" [the highest rating of 5] in all three Excellence in Research for Australia (ERA) assessments in Psychology, most recently in 2015.
The School runs the well-equipped Robin Winkler Clinic which enables Clinical Psychology trainees to provide supervised, individual and group treatments for children, adults and older adults with a wide range of clinical problems. Our clinical services focus on facilitating developments that encourage and build on the synergies between staff, research and practice (for example, a Cognitive Behavioural Therapy internal placement module for training students in sleep interventions, blood-injury phobia groups).
The School has a unique opportunity for a passionate academic and qualified Clinical Psychologist to join our research intensive and collaborative team. You will provide a strong contribution to our postgraduate training courses in Clinical Psychology, providing teaching and clinical supervision for paediatric and/or adult individual and group interventions, depending on your expertise.
You will join an internationally recognised group of academics and make a contribution to the research activity of the School through involvement in grant-funded research and research publications. You will also enhance the reputation and research collaboration of the School and University by assisting in the Robin Winkler Clinic and build a network of contacts with local, national and international universities and agencies.
In this position, you will be committed to high quality teaching, specialising in our Clinical Psychology training courses, and develop educational policy and curriculum within Clinical Psychology, and maintain academic standards to a world-class level.
You will be expected to work closely with the Director of the Clinic and provide support for the effective administration and promotion of the Robin Winkler Clinic.
You must hold a Master or Doctoral degree qualification in Clinical Psychology, full registration as a Psychologist with the Psychology Board of Australia, and an endorsement as a Clinical Psychologist and Higher Degree Supervisor.
You must also be able to work collegially with demonstrated contribution to high quality teaching, research, and scholarship.
International applicants must hold qualifications that will be judged as equivalent to those required below:
For individuals in the USA and Canada, you must hold a PhD or PsyD in Clinical Psychology, be at least 2 years post degree, and hold registration in your locality.
For individuals in the UK, you must hold Chartered membership of the British Psychological Society and be eligible for entry into the Society's Specialist Register in Clinical Psychology.
For other countries, please contact our Postgraduate Program Director, Dr. Michael Weinborn, for further information (email@example.com).
Closing date: Thursday 15 March 2018.
For information regarding the position or a confidential discussion, please contact:
- Professor Romola Bucks, Head of School, Psychological Science, email: Romola.Bucks@uwa.edu.au
- Dr. Michael Weinborn, Postgraduate Program Director, email: Michael.Weinborn@uwa.uwa.au
- Associate Professor Carmela Pestell, Director of the Robin Winkler Clinic, email: Carmela.Pestell@uwa.edu.au
Application details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Full details of the position responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description. In preparing your application you are asked to demonstrate clearly that you meet the selection criteria. You are encouraged to supply a curriculum vitae or academic portfolio in support of your application.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 317003, 317004.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity