- Full-time, fixed term contract until 28 June 2019
- Located at the Bendigo Campus
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turned 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The John Richards Centre for Rural Ageing Research (JRC) is undertaking a program of research into rural ageing and aged care that improves well-being. The JRC is part of La Trobe Rural Health School. JRC research programs are interdisciplinary and encompass research on health services, healthy ageing, age-friendly communities, workforce and diversity in rural communities.
About the position
The VERILY (Virtual Dementia Friendly Rural Communities) Project is a study that is funded by an Australian Government Dementia and Aged Care Services grant. This project is to trial new ways of supporting rural carers of people with dementia. There are two main tasks that the VERILY project will be addressing:
- Implement strategies to improve support of carers and communities
- Evaluate the project and its impact
Skills and Experience
- Completion of a Bachelor's degree in a health or community service discipline, and evidence of participation in higher level study relevant to discipline or professional area.
- Evidence of experience in research and evaluation and the ability to work effectively under limited supervision or independently.
- Demonstrated understanding and experience in qualitative and quantitative research methods.
- Evidence of experience in working with various range of technologies and softwares including smartphone apps, website navigation, statistical packages (SPSS/SAS/Stata/R), Endnote, NVivo.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Sunday, 4 March 2018 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Clare Wilding, Tel: (02) 6024 9651, Email: email@example.com
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or firstname.lastname@example.org
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.