JOB ID: 180079 SALARY RANGE: $93,615 to $110,725 pa (plus 17% super) EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Contribute to academic and scholarly leadership in the teaching support programs with specific expertise in digital learning and teaching. This will include:
- Contributing to academic leadership in teaching and learning in higher education, and particularly in the areas of digital literacies, educational technologies and learning design.
- Developing, leading and delivering teaching support programs and activities within Deakin University to improve teaching practice, digital learning capability amongst staff, and the student experience of learning.
- Providing operational and practical advice on areas associated with educational technologies, curriculum development and teaching support to the Director, Digital Learning.
- Collaboration with other teams within Deakin Learning Futures, with Faculty learning and teaching teams and with other University groups.
- PhD in a relevant field, or PhD equivalence demonstrated by clear and credible evidence such as scholarly publication and/or strategic leadership with systemic impact.
- Evidence of capacity to make an effective contribution to the Digital Innovation team of Deakin Learning Futures.
- Evidence of excellence in contribution to innovative teaching at undergraduate and/or postgraduate levels, in online and campus-based environments.
- Evidence of publication in appropriate journals in areas associated with assessment and learning design, or other forms of peer-recognised dissemination.
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Dr Chie Adachi, Tel: +61 3 9244 3895 CLOSING DATE: Sunday 25 February 2018 We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.