JOB ID: 180005 SALARY RANGE: $66,348 to $74,415 pa (plus 17% super effective 1 March 2018) EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term to 31 December 2018 LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
Lead and coordinate a Library Advisers Services team in providing high quality advisory services, ensuring maximum access for Library clients to information, services, facilities and collections in support of the Deakin University community, and in accordance with the Deakin University Strategic and Operational Plans. This will include:
- Providing information assistance to the Deakin University community that reflects an advisory service ethos, to maximise the use of Library resources, services and facilities.
- Leading and coordinating a Library Advisory team in providing high-quality Advisory Services.
- Contributing to Library Liaison Service initiatives, programs and projects, including assisting in the delivery of outreach activities and transition, orientation and student experience programs.
- Contributing to the development and documentation of Library procedures, standards, tools, and systems for delivery of Advisory Services.
- Completion of an undergraduate degree in a relevant discipline with subsequent relevant experience; or an equivalent combination of relevant knowledge, training and/or experience.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively lead and supervise staff with the ability to undertake recruitment, selection, and training.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and use initiative, discretion and judgement in complex information and technological environments.
- Demonstrated analytical skills and the ability to report findings from analysis of information.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Sabina Robertson, Tel: +61 3 9244 6662 CLOSING DATE: Sunday 21 January 2018 We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.