RMIT is a global university of technology, design and enterprise. Our mission is to help shape the world through research, innovation, teaching and engagement, and to create transformative experiences for our students, getting them ready for life and work. The School of Vocational Engineering, Health and Sciences offers a diverse range of certificate, diploma and sub-bachelor programs, and provides opportunities for students to extend their learning across the entire spectrum of vocational and higher education both within the College and beyond. With strong education links to industry, the school conducts a number of large-scale training contracts. The School is predominantly city-based and has 240 staff, 3,282 students and an annual budget of $75 million. In the 2016 QS World University Rankings by Subject, RMIT is 16th in the world (highest ranked in Australia) in Art and Design, and 36th in the world (fourth highest in Australia) in Architecture and the Built Environment. We are also among the world's top 100 universities in Engineering (Civil and Structural; Electrical and Electronic; and Mechanical, Mechanical, Aeronautical and Manufacturing); Accounting and Finance; and Business and Management Studies). RMIT University is an Athena SWAN member and the College of Science, Engineering and Health is central to driving improvements in gender equality, diversity and inclusion, particularly in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics and Medicine (STEMM) disciplines.
As a Senior Educator you will ensure suitability of learning and teaching products for the respective teaching teams.
- Support the design, development, delivery and evaluation of innovative teaching materials, online teaching and learning resources, products and services
- Manage the educational, business and services of large organisational units to ensure quality programs (both recurrent and fee paying) are designed and delivered innovatively and effectively
- Work closely with teaching staff to build capability in teams to improve curriculum development, design and documentation
- Support the School strategies to increase commercial, profile and government funded training activities, both nationally and internationally
- Coordinate professional development activities for staff, providing support and mentoring to teachers in the areas of implementing and developing innovative learning material
- Hold a professional tertiary qualification, in Instructional/Curriculum Design, particularly for online delivery or a related area
- Hold a Diploma VETExperience in effectively designing, developing, implementing, and evaluating innovative and creative teaching and learning materials, products and services
- Great experience in applying instructional design theories and practice
- Demonstrated skills in the use of information and communication technologies and web publishing
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills
- Experience in influencing, managing, and supporting internal and external stakeholders to achieve team goals
How to Apply For further information please contact Dr Arvind Sharma on +61 3 9925 4704 or to view a position description visit yourcareer.rmit.edu.au and search using job reference number 559033. PD_ Senior Educator, Program Design & Development.pdf
Applications close on Sunday 17 December.
Applicants are requested to separately address the key selection criteria as outlined in the Position Description. This role will require satisfactory confirmation of a Working with Children Check.
RMIT is an equal opportunity employer committed to being a child safe organisation. We are dedicated to attracting, retaining and developing our people regardless of gender identity, ethnicity, sexual orientation, disability and age. Applications are encouraged from all sectors of the community and we strongly encourage applications from the Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander community.