UWA Business School
- Level B, level C or level D ($96,210 - $$156,343) plus 17% superannuation
- 3 tenurable appointments at all ranks up to and including Associate Professor, in all fields of Economics
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked amongst the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research-intensive universities. With an enviable research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to 'innovate and inspire' there is no better time to join Western Australia's top University.
About the team
Economics was a founding discipline of UWA when it was established in 1911. Today, it is one of four disciplines within the internationally accredited UWA Business School. The Discipline has research strengths in International Trade, Development Economics, Resource Economics and Asian Economies.
You will be part of a team comprising of world class researchers who publish in leading international journals and teach across a wide number of areas in economics. The members of the team are also engaged extensively with the media and provides thought leadership for the government and business sectors. The Discipline has a large group of PhD students and hosts regular visits from acclaimed international academic economists. You will work in a collaborative research environment that supports the continuous development of teaching and research competencies.
The attraction and retention of the world's best employees is critical in achieving the University's strategic aim of being in the top 50 universities. We welcome motivated applicants with demonstrable expertise in teaching, research and student supervision to apply and contribute to our friendly yet growing economics community. You will be PhD qualified and be able to show evidence of research excellence and a commitment to teaching at both the graduate and undergraduate levels.
Full details of the position's responsibilities and the selection criteria are outlined in the position description.
Benefits and Conditions of Employment:
- Generous support for research
- Employer contribution to superannuation is 17% of salary
- Recreation leave of 20 working days per annum
- Long Service Leave after 10 years (13 weeks recreation leave fully paid).
- Eligibility for sabbatical leave
- Relocation assistance
Closing date: 8 January 2018
This position is open to international applicants who require visa sponsorship.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button.
Please see the position description prior to applying: Economics POSITION DESCRIPTION Levels B to D.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.