JOB ID: 170722
SALARY RANGE: $136,960 to $150,646 pa (plus 17% super)
EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time and continuing
LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Associate Professor in Computer Science will be responsible to undertake outstanding research, teach, and publish in an area of Computer Science relating to applied robotics and embedded systems, applied AI, cyber physical systems, the Internet of Things (IoT) and software development and security pertaining to these areas. This will include:
- Providing intellectual leadership within their specific areas of research, scholarship or creative activity, including emerging recognition as a public intellectual.
- Contributing to the leadership of major research projects, including internal and external collaboration to create new insights and opportunities.
- Demonstrating distinguished scholarly learning and teaching across all levels and modes (including for example in the cloud and in clinical settings) at the national level.
- Contributing to the leadership towards the implementation of the University's Strategic Agenda.
- PhD in Computer Science.
- Significant experience in supervising PhD and Honours students to timely completion.
- Demonstrated ability to make a significant contribution to the Faculty's undergraduate and postgraduate teaching programs in a manner that influences, motivates and inspires students to learn.
- Demonstrated commitment to Equal Opportunity principles and practices, and Occupational Health and Safety.
- Demonstrated personal qualities of leadership, innovation and high motivation.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor John Yearwood, Tel: +61 3 9246 8727 Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 7 January 2018
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here: deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin/why-work-at-deakin/staff-benefits
TO APPLY For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit deakin.edu.au/about-deakin/work-at-deakin
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion.
Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.