Join Australia's number 1 University
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $79,910 - $86,499 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne, www.campaign.unimelb.edu.au
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end of 2021. The Campaign is the largest initiative of its kind in the Asia-Pacific region.
The Project Coordinator is a member of the Alumni and Stakeholder Relations team within the Advancement Office.
About the role
The Project Coordinator, Alumni and Stakeholder Relations (STEM) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of strategic stakeholder engagement initiatives designed in response to "Believe" the Campaign for the University of Melbourne. Reporting to the Deputy Director - Alumni and Stakeholder Relations (STEM) and working collaboratively with colleagues across the Advancement portfolio, the Project Coordinator will provide support to the cultivation of, and engagement with key stakeholder groups, particularly graduates of STEM disciplines.
In this role, you will work with the Deputy Director Alumni and Stakeholder Relations in the development of event, project and campaign scoping documents demonstrating strong written skills. You will also play a key role in coordinating promotional materials and communications and in supporting the delivery of stakeholder engagement initiatives and events.
You will be expected to have outstanding interpersonal and project/event management skills, and an ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues, volunteers, alumni and prospective donors. The ideal candidate will have a proven ability to work both collaboratively and independently in managing multiple projects in a fast-paced and goal-oriented environment, and will demonstrate excellent presentation and verbal communication skills.
This exciting full-time position is available on a continuing basis.
- A tertiary qualification in a relevant discipline coupled with experience in a similar role and organisational context, where emphasis is on seeding and nurturing stakeholder engagement; or an equivalent combination of relevant training/education and experience in alumni/stakeholder engagement.
- Highly developed project/event management skills with demonstrable evidence of the capacity to align operational tactics/events and initiatives with high level organisational intent.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal relations.
- An engaging, collaborative style that is well suited to working constructively with alumni and volunteers such as Board members.
- Possess the ability to plan and organise self and others to ensure the timely completion of tasks.
- Knowledge of the role of advancement within the context of the higher education sector is desirable.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit a cover letter, CV and document addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description.
Close date: 27 Nov 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.