- JOB ID: 170752
- SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa pro rata (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (18.375 hours per week) and fixed term to 21 December 2018
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
- FURTHER INFORMATION: Previous applicants need not apply
ABOUT THE ROLE
To liaise with staff and students in designated Faculties, Schools and research centres to ensure that the Library is responsive to the teaching, learning, and research needs of the Deakin University community and actively contribute to the achievement of Deakin's LIVE Agenda.
This will include:
- As part of a cross-campus team, initiate and maintain strategic liaison with academic staff, researchers and students in the Faculty of Science, Engineering and Built Environment to ensure Library responsiveness.
- Develop collections and identify free scholarly resources in collaboration with academic and research staff and liaison teams to enhance the achievement of teaching, learning, and research objectives.
- As part of a cross-campus team, to design, deliver and evaluate digital literacy programs to meet undergraduate and postgraduate students' needs to enhance cloud and campus learning experiences.
- Provide expert information assistance and faculty outreach to the Deakin University community that reflects a customer service ethos, to maximise the use of Library resources, services and facilities.
- Relevant degree and/or post-graduate qualification which qualifies for Associate (Professional) membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Proven ability to develop, deliver and evaluate digital literacy programs and professional development learning activities for staff and Library colleagues.
- Ability to provide expert information assistance to enhance cloud and campus learning experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in library and information services, scholarly communication and publishing trends in an educational and research environment.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Sabina Robertson, Tel: +61 3 9244 6662
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 22 November 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found on our website.
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit Deakin website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people .