- Full-time, Continuing position
- Located at Bendigo Campus
- $63,521 - $86,205 per annum + up to 17% superannuation
About La Trobe
La Trobe University's success is driven by people who are committed to making a difference. They are creative and highly motivated, pursue new ideas and create knowledge. La Trobe is one of Australia's research leaders, and the largest provider of higher education to regional Victoria. La Trobe University turns 50 in 2017, and over the half century of its existence it has established a reputation as an innovative and accessible university, willing to take risks and take on challenges. Our teaching and research address some of the most significant issues of our time and we're passionate about driving change through operational excellence to benefit the communities we serve.
The Department of Engineering has a total of 22 staff and around 600 undergraduate and postgraduate students located in Melbourne and Bendigo campuses. The Engineering discipline at La Trobe continues to expand and revitalise its programs with an innovative curriculum that incorporates strong industry engagement. The department leads various industry sponsored multidisciplinary research projects with national and international linkages.
About the position
Contribute to teaching particularly at undergraduate level and to develop their scholarly, research and/or professional expertise relevant to the profession or discipline. Work with subject coordinators to develop a high quality learning experience that engages students and develop a scholarly approach to learning and teaching.
Skills and Experience
- A PhD in Electronic/Mechatronic Engineering and have a good applied electronic/mechatronic engineering capability, and experience, working in, or with, industry. Completion of a Postdoctoral Fellowship in an engineering discipline is preferred.
- Demonstrated effectiveness in teaching and the ability to mentor and supervise undergraduate and honours students.
- A good record of research output, relative to opportunity.
- Industry experience or demonstrated effective involvement in collaborative projects with industry.
- Application experience using a variety of electronic/mechanical design tools, including, LabVIEW, Matlab/Simulink and Solidworks is highly desirable.
Please refer to the Position Description for other duties, skills and experience required for this role.
All La Trobe University employees are bound by the Working with Children Act 2005. If you are successful, you will be required to hold a valid Victorian Employee Working with Children Check prior to commencement.
Please click on this link for a full list of Benefits http://www.latrobe.edu.au/jobs/working/benefits
How to apply
Closing date: Thursday, 7 December 2017 by 11.00pm AEDST.
Position Enquiries: Professor Roger Lumley, +61 3 9479 5764 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Description below:
This position is open to people with a valid full-time working visa.
Please submit a cover letter, resume and a separate document addressing the Key Selection Criteria located in the Position Description.
Please scroll down to apply.
La Trobe University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
For further enquiries on how to apply for this role, please contact Deborah Dare, Recruitment Consultant on +61 3 9479 1241 or email@example.com
La Trobe is proud to be a member of the Science in Australia Gender Equity (SAGE) Athena SWAN program to advance gender equality in academia.