The Conversation is looking for an experienced Product Manager to support the continued growth and success of our digital publishing platform. The ideal applicant will have experience in product development and the ability to liaise with multiple stakeholders, understand their needs, and develop a strategy to sort them according to business needs.
The capacity to set a strategic path and drive innovation in a competitive publishing market will be highly valued.
- Develop a strategy for product development
- Sort feature requests according to strategic goals
- Take ownership over initiatives from product inception through to delivery and measuring impact
- Work with the Technical Director to divide feature requests into developer tasks, track the progress of these tasks, achieve sprint outcomes and estimate completion dates
- Work closely with key stakeholders to report on progress and share roadmap plans
- Co-ordinate quotes for our international The Conversation network for bespoke development
What you should have
- Experience in defining and communicating a strategic direction & roadmap
- Ability to work to deadlines, in cooperation with a range of stakeholders
- Experience working in a lean and agile working environment
- Ability to think innovatively, conceptually and analytically.
- Positive, results-driven, can-do attitude
About The Conversation
The Conversation is an independent source of information, analysis and commentary from the university and research sector – written by acknowledged experts and delivered directly to the public. We’re non-profit operating under a charter and aim to make this wealth of knowledge and expertise accessible to all.
We started in Australia, but we've since opened editorial offices in London, Boston, Paris, Johannesburg, Toronto and Jakarta. Our platform development is led from Australia.
Our team is passionate and very focused on building the project into a leading media site. The workplace is a combination of highly professional and deadline driven as well as fun and friendly with the “can do” vibe of a start up digital media company.
Hours of work: This role can be full or part time.