The Conversation is looking for a Development & Fundraising Manager to support the continued growth and success of our organisation.
This position will work with the CEO and other executive staff to identify and develop funding opportunities. The Development Manager will also take the lead in writing and editing of grant proposals and reports for The Conversation in Australia and, from time to time, internationally.
This role reports to the CEO and works closely with the US-based Director of Foundation Relations, the Editor of The Conversation Australia, Finance & Operations Manager and others.
The role is located at our office in Carlton, close to the CBD. Salary is negoitiable.
About the role
- Research and identify funding prospects, including government, corporate and private philanthropy in accordance with organisational priorities
- Generate letters of inquiry, proposals and supporting documents as part of The Conversation’s solicitation strategy and in response to requests from funding prospects
- Ensure timely submission of grant proposals
- Write reports for funders and other organisations as required
- Liaise with staff from The Conversation Australia, and, as directed by the CEO, staff from The Conversation’s international network
- Attend meetings with current and prospective funders
- Maintain and implement calendar of activities, including new grant opportunities and from time to time and as directed by the CEO, support international editions of The Conversation with grant development and writing
Hours of work: This role can be full time, part time or contract.
Desired skills and experience
- Experience and knowledge of the philanthropic sector and funding opportunities
- Digitally-savvy including experience using Salesforce or similar CRM systems
- Demonstrated success in writing successful grant and funding applications
- High level research and communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to work to deadlines, in cooperation with a range of stakeholders
- Knowledge of one or more of digital, media, higher education, research and development and not-for-profit sectors in Australia
- Ability to think innovatively, conceptually and analytically in order to explore new opportunities
- Positive, results-driven, can-do attitude
Closing date: November 24, 5pm
About The Conversation Media Group
The Conversation is an independent source of information, analysis and commentary from the university and research sector – written by acknowledged experts and delivered directly to the public. We aim to make this wealth of knowledge and expertise accessible to all.