- Play a part in transforming Australia's number 1 University
- Career growth opportunities, work-life balance, flexible work arrangements
- First-hand exposure to some of the world's leading research in data analytics and technology trends
Chancellery Digital and Data, Administration and Finance
Salary: A competitive salary plus 17% superannuation (PSC9). An additional market loading will be considered for the right candidate.
About the Digital and Data team
The Digital and Data team is a new team, responsible for setting the strategic digital and data agenda for the University of Melbourne. It exists to enable more confident, timely and connected responses to digital and data opportunities and risks.
The Digital and Data team is agile and collaborative in its approach, which includes exploring new ways of operating and delivering existing services within the University. Data is a big part of improving how existing services are run, and a strategic asset for the University.
The Digital and Data team forms part of the Administration and Finance portfolio within the Chancellery which has the special responsibility of ensuring the allocation of human and capital resources is optimally aligned to deliver the University's Growing Esteem strategy.
About the role
The Data Strategy Advisor works with the Director of Data and Digital, and is responsible for supporting the strategies, policies and processes that will help to drive sustainable data and information management capabilities across the University of Melbourne.
As Data Strategy Advisor, you will add value by:
- Providing expert advice on data governance, strategy and enterprise information architecture and management, with a critical eye for emerging technology trends that might impact the University of Melbourne
- Leading the development of a data strategy for the University, as well as related policy and governance frameworks.
- Connecting the data strategy with broader strategic, operational and commercial data priorities and activities across the University.
- Influencing the end-to-end delivery of and capabilities needed for the University of Melbourne to implement its data strategy.
- Building collaborative working relationships with other teams across the University of Melbourne - as well as external partners - who have important contributions to make to the University's data strategy and delivery.
- Working with the Director of Digital and Data to meet financial targets, set service level agreements for digital and data requests coming from Chancellery and identify new opportunities to engage people around the University of Melbourne's data strategy and policies, and make these better.
A full-time position for 3 years, this role offers the opportunity help transform one of the world's leading universities.
What we are seeking in you
- Persuasive communication, facilitation and consensus building skills
- A solid understanding of data and digital trends and technologies, and the ability to identify and assess opportunities, risks and challenges
- Experience developing and/or implementing data governance, policy, strategy frameworks
- Ability to develop compelling value propositions for implementing data and digital solution
- A self-motivated, flexible and collaborative approach to work
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter addressing the key selection criteria listed in the position description. Both formal and 'pitch style' responses are welcome.
This is a re-advertised position. Previous applicants need not re-apply.
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.