- Job ID: 170641
- SALARY RANGE: $94,503 to $108,200 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Project Manager will manage nominated high level complexity University projects within the Capital Projects group. This involves close liaison with the client / stakeholders to develop the full scope for allocated projects and the provision of project management services. This will include:
- Responsible for the management of the briefing, schematic design, design development, tender, construction, commissioning and operational readiness stages of nominated singular and/or various medium to large scale, high level complexity University projects.
- To fully project manage multiple concurrent projects in the approximate value range of $5.0 million to $20 million in a portfolio of projects up to the approximate value of $50 million or a singular large project over $50 million.
- Ensure design solutions comply with the brief, campus planning guidelines and masterplans, University strategic plans, 'Design Standards for Facilities', Deakin Access Standards.
- Responsible for ensuring the change management process is documented throughout projects and lead project teams to ensure successful handover of projects to meet University operational requirements.
- Tertiary degree or postgraduate qualifications in a building construction/project management discipline or equivalent combination of education/training and extensive relevant experience.
- Construction Industry OHS General Induction (White Card / Red Card).
- Minimum 5 years directly relevant experience in project management of capital infrastructure projects within a tertiary education environment. Either with a Head Contractor, a Project Management organisation or a combination of both.
- Demonstrated ability to organise and plan, and to meet rigid and conflicting demands and deadlines, along with the ability to adapt to changed priorities.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Jason Ah Sam, Tel: +61 3 5247 9435
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 29 October 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found on our website.
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.