- JOB ID: 170640
- SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa pro rata (plus 9.5 super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Part-time (22.05 hours per week) and fixed term for 12 months
- LOCATION: Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Academic Editor will provide high-level editorial support to members of the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation. This will include:
- Provide high-level editorial support to members of the Alfred Deakin Institute for Citizenship and Globalisation.
- Support the submission of high-impact publications, submissions and competitive research proposals through high-quality editorial, drafting support and advice.
- Administer internal peer review processes for grants and submissions.
- Provide strategic advice with respect to high-impact publishing, grants and submissions.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications (undergraduate and/or relevant (post)graduate qualifications) in the social sciences and humanities.
- Experience as an academic editor, technical editor or similar role.
- Demonstrated experience working in a research-intensive environment, an academic publisher or similar organisation.
- Demonstrated understanding of academic writing and the capacity to critically evaluate and provide timely and constructive feedback.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Cayla Edwards, Tel: +61 3 9244 6658, Email: email@example.com
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 29 Otober 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found on our website.
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.**