Join Australia's number 1 University
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Use your expertise and innovative thinking to truly have an impact.
Who says you can't change the world? We expect to do nothing less.
External Relations, University Services
Salary: $51.74 p.h. plus 9.5% superannuation
About the role
As part of the dynamic External Relations' Media & Publishing team, the Social Media Coordinator (China) works with stakeholders across the University to deliver social media initiatives that align with industry and world best practice to ensure we remain at the forefront of social media use and innovation by amplifying the impact of the University's research, teaching & learning and engaging campus experiences.
The Social Media Coordinator works with the University's Chinese social media agency, China office and University staff across the University under the direction of the Social Media Manager, to effectively coordinate and moderate the Chinese social media function of the University of Melbourne to communicate with both broad and targeted audiences on Weibo, WeChat and other Chinese social media channels as required.
- A degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Demonstrated experience in creating innovative content specifically designed to drive high levels of Chinese social engagement
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin/Chinese (simplified) and English (Australian)
- Demonstrated experience and examples of work that uses social media communications and advertising strategies to support business objectives
- Solid knowledge and understanding of Chinese social media platforms and their respective audiences and how they can be used in an organisational context
- Familiarity with a range of social monitoring, measurement and engagement tools
- Demonstrated high level interpersonal skills including the ability to build and maintain relationships across a large organisation
- Proven ability to thrive in a changing and fast paced environment
Close date: 25 Oct 2017
Position Description & Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria/competencies, please go to our website.