- JOB ID: 170637
- SALARY RANGE: $76,585 to $82,706 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full-time (36.75 hours per week) and fixed term to 31 December 2018
- LOCATION: Geelong Waterfront Campus or Melbourne Burwood Campus
ABOUT THE ROLE
To liaise with staff and students in designated Faculties, Schools and research centres to ensure that the Library is responsive to the teaching, learning, and research needs of the Deakin University community.
This will include:
- As part of a cross-campus team, initiate and maintain strategic liaison with academic staff, researchers and students in the Faculty Business and Law to ensure Library responsiveness to client needs.
- Develop collections and identify free scholarly resources in collaboration with academic and research staff and liaison teams to enhance the achievement of teaching, learning, and research objectives of designated Faculties and Departments or Schools.
- As part of a cross-campus team, to design, deliver and evaluate digital literacy programs to meet undergraduate and postgraduate students' needs to enhance cloud and campus learning experiences.
- Provide expert information assistance and faculty outreach to the Deakin University community that reflects a customer service ethos, to maximise the use of Library resources, services and facilities.
- Relevant degree and/or post-graduate qualification which qualifies for Associate (Professional) membership of the Australian Library and Information Association.
- Proven ability to develop, deliver and evaluate digital literacy programs and professional development learning activities for staff and Library colleagues.
- Ability to provide expert information assistance to enhance cloud and campus learning experiences.
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in library and information services, scholarly communication and publishing trends in an educational and research environment.
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Kim Phu, Tel: +61 3 9251 7017
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 22 October 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found on our website.
For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.