Join Australia's number 1 University
Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Academic and International Chancellery
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus 9.5% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
This role coordinates high-level intelligence and actively promotes and engages with strategic International partnerships and/or alliances to maximise opportunities that align with Growing Esteem and the International Strategy. This will include the development of, and ongoing refinement of resources that communicate engagement opportunities and outcomes particularly for strategic alliances.
This role will also provide the leadership to enable the ongoing development of and implementation of an efficient, effective International visits and agreements management program.
To develop, maintain and remediate where necessary, effective working relationships with Academic Divisions and Chancellery to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
- You will have a degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the internationalisation strategy and the priorities of the University.
- Experience in building effective working relations internationally, relationship building and cross-cultural sensitivity.
- Experience in supervising and managing staff to achieve outcomes
- Ability to work with confidential and sensitive information, and to produce high quality analytical reports and advice.
- Evidence of the development and implementation of process improvement
- Ability to create, conduct, coordinate events and outbound visits, exercising sound judgement and prioritisation
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Oct 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.