- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Academic and International Chancellery
Salary: $88,171 - $95,444 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
To facilitate the development of international relations and institutional partnership information to enable effective decisions and ongoing relationship management that support the achievement of Growing Esteem and the International Strategy. This will be undertaken through the provision of high-level intelligence analysis and strategic advice for allocated markets. The role will support the execution of plans and international partner agreements through strong internal and external collaboration and timely negotiation.
To develop, maintain and remediate where necessary, effective working relationships with Academic Divisions, University Services and Chancellery to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
- You will have a degree with relevant experience; or extensive experience and broad knowledge of the field; or an equivalent combination of relevant professional experience and/or education and training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the international strategy and the priorities of the University.
- Ability to produce high quality analytical reports and advice based upon the use of appropriate quantitative and qualitative research methods and data analysis
- Strong reporting and document writing skills.
- Ability to work individually, or as part of a team to deliver of high quality work on a timely basis, both autonomously and through team working.
- Experience building effective working relationships.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Oct 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.