- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Academic and International Chancellery
Salary: $115,726 - $120,404 p.a. plus 17% superannuation
The Chancellery is led by the Vice-Chancellor and has a University-wide focus on:
- delivering strategic leadership
- allocating capital according to strategic priorities
- developing and overseeing a business framework that includes appropriate financial and other organisational planning and controls
- ensuring identity or brand is consistent with strategic intent and purpose, and
- overseeing policies and initiatives that develop the academic and professional expertise of University staff members.
About the role
This role engages with and manages the provision of high quality intelligence analysis and strategic advice to facilitate international relations and institutional partnerships that support the achievement of Growing Esteem and the International Strategy. This will involve proactively working with stakeholders to enable strategic initiatives, provision of timely/accurate international relations decision making and performance information. This role will include active management of a portfolio of allocated markets and through the supervision of two Partnership Advisors.
This role will also be responsible for the delivery of information resources that enable effective, timely IR and partnership decision making and engagement.
To develop, maintain and remediate where necessary, effective working relationships across the University to ensure high quality and timely service delivery.
- The appointee will have a relevant postgraduate qualification and extensive relevant experience or extensive proven management expertise and domain experience or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training.
- Knowledge and understanding of the University, its Internationalisation strategy, and the priorities of the University
- Evidence of the ability to produce high quality analytical reports and advice for the senior decision-making of the University
- Extensive relevant experience of building effective cross-university working relationships, preferably within international relations
- Experience in supervising and managing staff to achieve outcomes in a team environment
- Strong reporting and documentation skills
- Evidence of the development and implementation of process improvement
† The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 22 Oct 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.