- Join Australia's number 1 University
- Career opportunities, professional development, work-life balance.
Salary: $99,199 - $107,370 p.a. plus up to 17% superannuation
The Advancement Office aims to facilitate the establishment and maintenance of mutually beneficial relationships between the University and its alumni, friends and benefactors. It is responsible for the management of programs relating to alumni and benefactors, and provides services to and works collaboratively with faculties and other central administration areas.
University of Melbourne Advancement (UoMA) is responsible for the coordination and delivery of Believe: the Campaign for the University of Melbourne
The completion of the first phase goal of raising $500M for the Believe Campaign was publicly announced in March 2016 along with the intention to proceed with a second phase of the Campaign with revised goals of raising $1B and actively engaging with 100,000 alumni by the end
About the role
The Manager, Donor Relations is a senior member of the Donor Relations team and is responsible for working strategically to develop and deliver programs and activities that focus on donor engagement and recognition to continue strengthening relationships between the University and its donors. Managing the University's donor recognition societies and events, developing donor communications, and data management are core components of the role.
Reporting to the Head of Donor Relations, the incumbent works in close collaboration with staff across University of Melbourne Advancement, academic divisions and Chancellery, in particular the Offices of the Vice-Chancellor and Chancellor, to develop programs and activities and to provide advice on stewardship operational matters. The position is required to contribute to donor relations strategy development, review and reporting, with a focus on donor recognition, as well as contribute to identifying appropriate messaging and opportunities in Advancement and University-wide communications.
- You will have: a minimum bachelor degree in marketing, communications or public relations and subsequent experience in donor relations or stewardship, or a relevant degree with extensive level of experience in advancement, events and membership management, community relations or high-level customer service.
- Demonstrated understanding of the principles of current international best practice in donor relations and its role in the fundraising cycle.
- Extensive, demonstrated experience in planning, implementing and evaluating high-quality premium brand, loyalty or engagement programs, events, activities and communications.
- Demonstrated experience working with complex data segmentation to deliver strategic objectives, preferably within a fundraising or relationship management environment.
- Highly developed written communication skills, including the ability to produce accurate, professional and personalised correspondence and reports for a variety of clients and colleagues.
- A high level of drive and initiative with a demonstrated ability to formulate, develop and implement new ideas to achieve strategic objectives.
- Strong problem solving and project management skills including the ability to conduct strategic reviews of activities and processes, prioritise between competing deadlines and manage budgets effectively.
- Highly-developed diplomacy and sound judgement and the ability to operation confidently to enable effective liaison with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders at a variety of levels.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and delivering activities to achieve strategic goals and objectives in a collaborative manner across a large organisation.
The University of Melbourne is the Number 1 University in Australia and among the leading Universities in the world, according to The Times Higher Education world reputational ranking, the National Taiwan University ranking, The Times Higher Education world university ranking and Shanghai Jiao Tong Academic Ranking of World Universities.
Close date: 29 Oct 2017
Position Description and Selection Criteria
For information to assist you with compiling short statements to answer the selection criteria, please go to our website.