- Tenurable appointment
- Salary range: Level B $96,210 - $114,250 p.a. or Level C $117,857 - $135,900 p.a.
- Plus 17% superannuation
The University of Western Australia (UWA), a member of the prestigious Group of Eight research-intensive universities, is ranked amongst the top Australian universities and among the top 100 universities in the world.
We are seeking a Lecturer/Senior Lecturer with an outstanding research track record in the field of Networking and Cyber Security to join the School of Computer Science and Software Engineering, within the Faculty of Engineering, Computing and Mathematics, on a tenurable appointment.
The successful candidate will conduct high quality and high impact research that contributes to the Faculty's initiative in Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO) and will build a strong, internationally recognised research programme that complements existing research groups.
As a passionate advocate for teaching excellence the successful candidate will develop and deliver undergraduate and masters curricula with a focus on Networking and Cybersecurity as well as contributing to the School, Faculty and University community by contributing to service activities.
Displaying genuine passion and enthusiasm for scholarship, the successful candidate will foster academic leadership and coordinate undergraduate and postgraduate teaching to produce graduates who are technically highly skilled, cognisant of the environment in which they work and aware of financial, social and environment challenges; graduates ready to change the world. As a world top 100 University we have the infrastructure, resources and industry connections required to provide extensive opportunities to produce collaborative world-class research.
To be considered for this role, you will demonstrate:
- A PhD in a relevant discipline.
- Teaching and learning expertise in the discipline of computer science, particularly networking and cybersecurity.
- Track record in course development, engaging active learning techniques, and successful student evaluation (relative to opportunity).
- Research expertise in an area complementary to the Faculty's Engineering for Remote Operations (ERO) initiative.
- Track record in academic peer-reviewed publications in international journals and grant writing success (both relative to opportunity).
- Experience in research collaboration between academia and industry will be considered favourably.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary school.
- The ability to teach software engineering courses is preferred.
Closing date: Friday 3 November 2017
This position is open to international applicants.
Benefits include generous superannuation, leave provisions and a relocation allowance (if applicable). These and other benefits will be specified in the offer of employment.
Application Details: Please apply online via the Apply Now button. Applicants with teaching experience are requested to submit a teaching portfolio as part of their application.
Please see the position description prior to applying: 316101.pdf
- UWA has been awarded Top Ten Employer for LGBTI - inclusion of the Australian Workplace Equity Index (AWEI -2016).
- The University is also a proud member of the Athena SWAN/SAGE Pilot for Gender Equity.