Griffith School of Engineering is seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer (Level C) to contribute to the teaching and research activities in the area of Civil/Geotechnical Engineering, and to contribute to the development and improvement of the Bachelor of Engineering (Honours), and related undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
This is a continuing, full time position based at the Nathan campus.
The successful candidate will be required to contribute to the delivery and development of Civil Engineering - geotechnical engineering related courses offered in the undergraduate engineering programs as well as in specialised postgraduate programs. The position pursues research excellence in any aspect of civil/geotechnical engineering.
The successful candidate will have relevant teaching, research and professional links in Geotechnical Engineering to strengthen Civil Engineering Discipline's teaching and research capability in this area. You must have a PhD in Civil/Geotechnical Engineering or a related field. You will have demonstrated capacity and experience in tertiary teaching, particularly in experiential learning.
The successful appointee will have a demonstrated profile in publishing high-quality research in the area of geotechnical engineering, and will be able to demonstrate the ability to gain and manage external research funding and to supervise undergraduate and higher degree students. You will have the ability to establish, lead and maintain effective working relationships with academic and technical staff and undergraduate and postgraduate students, and external research partners.
Salary range: Senior Lecturer, Level C: $111,104 - $128,113 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $129,993 - $149,893 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description.
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role.
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
Closing date: Wednesday, 27 September 2017 at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.
For position queries, please contact Associate Professor Cheryl Desha, Head of Civil Engineering (Nathan), Griffith School of Engineering via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
For application queries, please contact Ms Jacquii Nicholls, Recruitment Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 7869.