- JOB ID: 170515
- SALARY RANGE: $109,858 to $116,439 pa (plus 17% super)
- EMPLOYMENT TYPE: Full time (36.75 hours per week) and continuing
- LOCATION: Geelong Waurn Ponds Campus
About this role
The School Executive Officer is responsible for the daily operational management of the School of Medicine and provision of strategic advice in relation to all academic governance, research, finance, administration, public relations and technical support services, to ensure that the School achieves its mission.
This will include:
- Providing high level strategic support and advice to the Dean of Medicine in relation to the operational functions of the School
- Providing strong leadership to develop a collaborative, multi-functional, multi-site team to ensure all business functions and operational frameworks to support the School's strategic objectives, human resource planning and recruitment, physical assets, course development and accreditation, marketing and student recruitment are delivered efficiently and effectively
- Overseeing the development, implementation and management of administrative activities within the School
- Develop, manage and implement School-wide strategic projects and contribute to Faculty and University committees and working parties
- A postgraduate degree with extensive relevant experience, or an equivalent combination of relevant experience and/or education/training
- Demonstrated experience of leading and managing multi-disciplinary teams, preferably in a tertiary education environment
- Experience in developing and managing budgets and staff management plans
- High level leadership skills to consistently achieve accurate and high level results with a focus on ensuring high quality customer service for students and staff
For a full list of the selection criteria please see the position description. For a full copy of the position description and to apply online, please visit our website.
CONTACT FOR FURTHER INFORMATION: Professor Jon Watson, Tel: +61 3 52271275, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
CLOSING DATE: Sunday 5 November 2017
We value our staff and understand that they are more than just their jobs, that's why we offer benefits that enhance work life. Further information on Deakin's workplace benefits can be found here.
Deakin University values diversity, enables access and promotes inclusion. Deakin University is an employer of choice for women and strongly encourages applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.