The School of Medicine is committed to innovation and excellence in medical research and education. Through leadership and collaboration, the school will engage and enrich our local and global communities to optimise health. Positioned within the School of Medicine, the Public Health team is committed to advancing population health through innovative, relevant and sustainable research, learning and teaching, and community partnerships.
This is a fixed term (two years), full time position based primarily at the Gold Coast campus, however the successful applicant will also be required to work at the South Bank and Nathan campuses.
The Lecturer in Public Health and Health Promotion position is a member of the Public Health team within the School of Medicine academic staff. The position is based at the Gold Coast campus, with teaching programs currently delivered at the Gold Coast, South Bank and Nathan campuses. The public health undergraduate and postgraduate programs include courses in the theory and practice of public health and health promotion. Teaching, research and student support will be primarily required at the Gold Coast Campus. Attendance at other Griffith University campuses will be required.
The Lecturer in Public Health and Health Promotion position will contribute to teaching, research and service within the public health team. The successful person will participate in teaching and course development at undergraduate and postgraduate levels. The person will also assist in the supervision of public health student projects, coursework theses and higher degree by research theses. The person will be expected to have a strong interest in public health research with a research track record consistent with being an early career researcher. This position will contribute to the development and delivery of courses focusing on community engagement, determinants of health and determinants of child and adolescent health.
Salary range: Lecturer (Level B): $90,697 - $107,706 per annum. Salary package including 17% employer superannuation contribution: $129,993 - $149,893 per annum.
Please ensure your application includes the following:
- Statement addressing each of the selection criteria in the position description. Obtain the position description by clicking on the Apply button. You will be redirected to the Griffith University job search page where you will be able to access the position description.
- One page covering letter outlining your suitability for the role
- Current curriculum vitae/resume which should include:
- Full name, address, telephone number and email address;
- Details of education, professional training and qualifications;
- Employment history, including present position and details of relevant professional, consulting or industry experience;
- Research interests and list of publications;
- Research grants awarded and any other relevant information, such as offices held in professional bodies, community services etc.
Closing date: Friday 22 September 2017 at 5 pm AEST. All applications must be submitted online.
Further information: For further information about this role, please contact Associate Professor Neil Harris, Program Convenor, School of Medicine on +61 (0) 7 5552 7879.
For application queries, please contact Ms Teagan Brown, Recruitment Officer on +61 (0) 7 3735 6551.